Monday, October 12, 2009

The Mystery of the Glowing minirals




One of the most fascinating experiences I've ever had was swimming one night in Moonbeach naked with these glowing particles all around me. It was like part of a dream really. Everybody called the mglowing minirals. so I assumed thats what they were .Although I did have an alternative story which fit well with my dream like state . They were actually fallen stars.  Stars that lost their balance up there and fell into the sea. Why not! But of course they weren't fallen stars. Nor were they glowing minirals!

Google my friend to the rescue. Very simply put , since I can't use difficult biological terms, these were glowing secretions belonging to an underwater celular organism! it's a very tiny organism which has this substance and uses it as a light sourse and also to waive off any predators. It's kind of like a fire fly but living underwater.This was at first a very disturbing thing to me . Was I really swimming among hundreds and hundreds of these creatures..ya3! But this might have not been the case. After this glowing light is secreted into the water it remains for a while, hence the fact that when we are out of the water touching the wet sand with our feet we find them there.

 Its truly amazing. Many mythical stories told by sailors about mermaids and ghosts were inspired by these glowing particles.

No comments: